Thursday 8 May 2014

Headphones - Philips SHQ1000/10 Sweatproof Sports In-Ear Headphone

Running kills headphones (and to a large extent MP3 players).  I've never trusted myself to run using a nice shiny expensive MP3 player, I've killed too many running outdoors in all weathers.  Usually it's the Headphones that give up the ghost the first, so after the last pair stopped work and after the usual internet research I plumbed for these ones from Amazon: Philips SHQ1000/10 Sweatproof Sports In-Ear Headphone 

That was over a year ago and they are still going strong (and still available).

I was initially put off by the bright orange colouring but it actually makes it easier to spot them when I am rooting around in my bag.

They say:

  • Ultra lightweight design sweat-proof sports in-ear headphones
  • A 1.2 m long cable that is ideal for outdoor use
  • Designed for active use, ultra-soft silicon caps sit comfortably in your ears
  • Water resistant materials coupled with an anti-bacterial agent
  • Bass thumping stereo sound provides fuel for your workout

I say:

The long cable is more that enough to route the cable from ear to MP3 player clipped to a belt (or in a waist bag/rucksack).
They are comfortable to wear,  there is a choice of silicon caps included to get the best fit (helps to have some spare if you lose one too).
They stay in place and are easy to insert.
Bass thumping? Not sure about that as I mainly listen to podcasts, but they sound fine.

The only real negative is that the silicon caps that fit over the ear bud can become dislodged when then are loose in a kit bag - it doesn't happen often though.

So when they die and go to the great headphone heaven in the sky, I would by the same pair.





No comments:

Post a Comment