Friday 16 May 2014

Once a Rookie always a Rookie

Some people never learn, despite running around the same park run loop well over a  hundred times, each Parkrun covers 2 loops, I failed to take the conditions into account.

It's summer now, I can change the grippy trail shoes I have been using for my faster lighter road shoes, or so I thought.  All was well until I hit the corner at speed, the over night rain had been just enough to create a thin layer of slippery mud on top of the otherwise compacted surface.

I felt my legs go and ended up on the floor, covered in mud - bummer.  Unhurt I jumped up and hoped nobody had noticed, that's the problem with Parkruns - lots of other runner.  They ran passed, pausing to ask if I was okay.  I was only my pride was hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment