Monday 24 June 2013

The down after the Downs

Well I have not run at all since last weeks SDW100 - barely walked in fact.  Spent the week RICE'ing the feet and they are on the mend but I think it'll be another week before I start back with a gentle jog.

The swelling around the ankles has gone down but there is still pain if the angle between foot and leg goes less than 80 degrees, otherwise it is fine.  I can go up stairs and on the flat - but I am still coming down stairs sideways.

So after the highs of last week and finishing my first 100 miler it has been a little low.  The updates from the race have dried up, the release of the official results, the photos (a few of me and lots of other people I don't remember seeing), a few notes on other peoples belongs (even an entry in The Independent - http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/06/23/the-road-to-the-north-face-ultra-trail-du-mont-blanc-petzl-sdw-100-mile-run/

But that is it, the elation has gone, you can only talk "non-runners" once before they get bored and you start sounding sounding like a crazy person.

It is strange that something that was so important to you at the time was experienced with 190 strangers. Those strangers will never met again in that situation.  Even the few that will do similar events, most will not know that were at the same event, perhaps we should all run with a list of previous events on the back of our T-shirts.

So that is that the SDW100 2013 is over - what I need is another event to look forward to, the event is dead long live the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment