Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Childs Eye View

You always hope to inspire your kids so that they are interested in the things you do - basically because you'd quite like to turn out several mini-me versions of yourself.

My eldest boy has started running at the local Parkrun is making me proud with his efforts.

Middle child thinks he has more sense and is happy enough to watch the idiot runners run round whilst he plays on his bike or sits and watches.

Smallest child is still a little young to be running too far - but he still has the boundless energy of childhood - if he ran as much as he talked he'd be running JOGLE non-stop.

What makes it interesting is their view of you.  As the SDW100 coincided with Father's Day the boys made me a well done banner.  Each drew a picture of me "on route":


At the start:





Looking spritely.









At half way:




Obviously middle child though I'd be a little tired at this point.  Interestingly he has my kit choice bang on too - all that is missing is the backpack.








At the end:







Although sleeping before the finish line is a little cheeky,  I did crash out just after the finished line - so not all wrong










No comments:

Post a Comment